Join the Board of Directors
The JSRDF is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers. The mission of JSRDF is to support those affected by Joubert Syndrome and related disorders by providing CARE: Connection, Awareness, Research, and Education.
Are you interested in volunteering for the JSRDF? There are three ways you can get involved: (1) serve on the Executive Committee; (2) serve on the Board of Directors; or (3) volunteer for a committee.
The Executive Committee consists of the Past-President, President, President-Elect, and Treasurer. Candidates for the President must have a personal connection to Joubert Syndrome or a related disorder and have demonstrated a commitment to the Foundation by serving on the Board or a committee of the Foundation for two or more years immediately prior to applying for the position.
- Help the Foundation achieve its mission, vision, and goals and evaluate those items annually.
- Faithfully manage the Foundation’s finances through prudent spending and strategies that ensure the long term financial strength and solvency of the JSRDF.
- Support efforts by the JSRDF, families, medical communities, and research entities to increase awareness of Joubert Syndrome and related disorders.
- Help raise money for the JSRDF and make a personal commitment to raise or donate at least $1,000 per year.
- Participate in meetings of the Board. Board meetings are generally held every other month via conference call.
- Participate and assist at the biennial JSRDF family conferences.
- Attend the annual Board retreat.
- Actively participate in a committee and support the Foundation’s initiatives.
- Act in a professional manner at Foundation events and on social media.
Submit An Application
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis year-round. If you are interested in serving on the Board or on the Executive Committee, please complete the appropriate application below and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Board/Executive Application”.
If you are interested in becoming more involved in the JSRDF but are not ready to serve on the Board, please volunteer to serve on a committee!